APR’s Big Brake Upgrade is an ultra-durable, feature-packed solution specifically tailored to each vehicle. The brakes provide outstanding stopping-power at an affordable price and are targeted towards a wide operating range such as normal or spirited street driving, track days and HPDE events. The system handily out-brakes, out-lasts, and out-performs other systems on the market, including much larger and heavier setups such as the factory standard RS3/TTRS brakes!
Each system includes six-piston billet-aluminum calipers, floating two-piece discs with weight-saving aluminum hats, stainless-steel braided-Teflon lines, billet-aluminum mounting brackets, brake pads, all necessary mounting hardware, and a host of other features making this a full-featured braking system at an incredible value. Lastly, replacement pads and rings are readily available at an affordable price.
- Large six-piston, billet-aluminum calipers (red or black)
- 350x34mm curved-vane floating 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats
- Billet-aluminum caliper mounting brackets
- Stainless-steel braided-Teflon brake lines
- High-performance street pads
- FEA optimized calipers for maximum strength and rigidity
- 3.6 LBS lighter than the factory MK7 Golf R system
- Extreme UV & temperature resistant European anodizing dyes
- Hand-polished, mirror-finished, hard-anodized aluminum pistons
- Ultra-high temperature pressure and wiper seals
- Stainless-steel hardware for long-term durability
- Seamless CuNi fluid crossover tubes for maximum corrosion / vibration resistance
- Pad pre-tensioning system designed to reduce brake noise / squeal
- Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) devices on calipers and rotors
- Laser etched logos
- Compatible brake pad info
For more details, please download our extensive Brake Upgrade presentation.
Brake Pad Facts
Included High-Performance Street Pads
Specifically designed for use in high-performance street applications and one of the best high-performance street pads on the world market at the moment. This compound beds-in quickly and delivers strong brake performance over a wide temperature range. The material exhibits a strong initial bite as you engage the brake pedal followed by a slightly rising torque curve during a single brake application. This slight rise in brake torque in the mid-late stages of a brake application makes use of the additional front tire grip available after weight transfer has occurred during a typical (medium-hard) brake application. This delivers optimal stopping distances when tested on street cars running high-performance street tires. The compound features a high average friction co-efficient and delivers reduced stopping distances as well as improved fade resistance when compared to most OEM and aftermarket high-performance street pads.
- Optimal temperature range: 0-500 deg C (0-932 deg F)
- Best choice for most high-performance street applications
- Not recommended for track day use at all
Optional Advanced Street / Entry-Level Track Pads
This compound will offer similar characteristics to our High-performance Street compound in terms of having a slightly rising torque curve during a single application. It will offer a little less initial bite as you engage the brake pedal under normal street driving conditions. This material also takes a little longer to bed in and prefers to be run at slightly higher operating temperatures in order to maintain the friction film that is put down on the disc surface during the bed-in procedure. This material can be run to higher max operating temperatures than our standard High-Performance Street compound while remaining fade-free. The additional heat range means that this compound can be used for entry-level track days. This makes this material a good choice for customers that would like to take part in occasional track days but do not want to change pads prior to these events.
- Optimal temperature range: 0-630 deg C (0-1166 deg F)
- Best choice for customers that want to use one pad for high-performance street and entry-level track day use
- Acceptable for entry-level track day use but pad wear will be high if used for advanced track applications
Optional Advanced Track-Day Pads
This compound is specifically aimed at advanced track day users and offers full race performance under track conditions. While it can be used to drive to and from the track, some brake squeal will be experienced during street driving. It is not recommended that this pad material be used for extended daily street use as accelerated disc wear and brake noise will be experienced during daily street driving. On track this compound will offer unmatched brake performance and fade resistance and will be a significant step up over our Advanced Street / Entry-level Track Day compound. The material remains kind to discs under track conditions and pad wear is low. It has a slightly rising torque curve and modulation remains excellent. A mechanical retention system is employed between the pad backing plate and the friction material for maximum shear resistance during high-temperature use. Advanced track day users will really appreciate the characteristics, performance and wear life that this compound offers. For advanced track day customers that also use their car as a daily driver we suggest a two-pad strategy in which you run our High-Performance Street compound for daily street use and then switch to our Advanced Track Day material for track events.
- Optimal temperature range: 100-800 deg C (212-1472 deg F)
- Best choice for advanced track day use
- Can be used to drive to and from track events but brake squeal and increased disc wear will be experienced if used for daily street driving